No items - £0.00
Protect your car by making it shiny!
auto-balm is a unique product providing protection and gloss to automotive paintwork, car bodywork, chrome and metal surfaces.
It's the result of thousands of hours of development and testing - a blend of synthesised complex corrosion inhibiting molecules that lock together tightly enabling them to remain functional in ultra-thin, high-gloss films. auto-balm will seal capillary pores in paintwork and provide an anticorrosion barrier to stone-chips and other damaged sites on vehicle paintwork.
auto-balm will also protect and shine chrome, aluminium, and alloys. auto-balm is not an abrasive polish - if the vehicle's bodywork is faded or in poor condition then the use of cleanser-polish will be required before application.
Normal automotive polishes and waxes are generally based on natural hard waxes such as carnauba and montan. Synthetic silicones and resins are also widely used - with or without waxes - when these products are buffed to produce the required shine the ultra-thin films left provide very little protection at all.
auto-balm is applied sparingly to vehicle paintwork and after just a few moments it’s buffed to produce a superb liquid-like deep gloss that enhances appearance and provides outstanding protection both to sound paint and damage sites. auto-balm provides unparalleled protection to alloys, chrome and other metal surfaces too; its long-lasting effect will increase the time between polishing and provide far greater levels of protection than traditional polishes.
Here we show how in an ASTM B-117 hot salt spray trial Auto-balm massively out performs normal waxes and polishes.
Higher protection than any other wax, polish or sealer
Produces an exceptional deep gloss finish
Suitable for all automotive paint finishes plus aluminium, alloys and other metals too
Fills swirl marks for a crystal clear appearance
Produces absolutely no dust or powder on buffing
Prevents corrosion spreading from stone chipped and damaged paint sites
auto-balm’s deep gloss protective shine is achieved with no chemical build-up whatsoever
auto-balm should not be used without following these instructions. Thoroughly wash vehicle with hot soapy water, only use salt-free automotive shampoos. Do not use wash and wax products. Dry vehicle, using chamois leather or synthetic equivalent.
auto-balm is not an abrasive polish, if your paintwork is faded, feels rough or has not been polished for a long period it will be necessary to use cleanser-polish and/or auto-clay before application. Once prepared in this way regular application of auto-balm will maintain a high gloss finish without need for further use of abrasive polishes.
Wet the supplied app-pad under running cold water. Wring the pad out - it should retain a damp feel. Touch the surface of the auto-balm paste so that a very small amount of the material is transferred to the pad. Apply to the vehicle keeping the pad flat - the dampness retained in the pad will lubricate the surface and allow the small amount of paste to spread a long way. You should not see droplets of water as you apply autobalm if you do then the pad is too wet.
Apply sparingly using the applicator pad in circular motion. (If preparation of car to show-standard or swirl mark elimination is required see below note*). If the paint is in marginal condition apply increased amounts of auto-balm and increase application pressure using smaller circular motion this will fill the porous surface and improve gloss although there is a point where if the paint does not respond use cleanser-polish first.
Work on small areas, ONLY 2 - 3 feet square, at a time, do not work in direct sunlight and apply only to cool panels. Most polishes are laden with abrasive material making them easy to use but wearing to paint films and dusty upon buffing leaving little or no protective film at all. Remember that unlike other polishes auto-balm is not simply removed when buffed - applying small amount evenly will enable easy buffing and great results.
After application of auto-balm wait for a few moments before buffing to a high uniform shine. It may be noticed on paintwork in poor condition that the wet-look created by a buffed auto-balm film is not fully uniform - this condition will improve on repeat application as the capillary pores fill with the protective film re-establishing a smooth surface.
Ensure that the polish applicator pad remains clean during application - if required wash it using vehicle shampoo, rinse it thoroughly and squeeze until damp before continuing. A damp pad is not necessary when applying to metals. The buffing cloth should be turned frequently during use.
*Where preparation of the vehicle to the finest possible degree is desired the application of auto-balm using light, straight, forward and back technique will eliminate any swirls or microscopic cobweb-like lines. On top panels, use front-to-back hand motions. On side panels, use up-and-down hand motions. This method allows autobalm to fill tiny scratches and improve reflectivity. Heavy rubbing is not necessary. Swirls and cob webbing caused by abrasive polishes and waxes are particularly noticeable on the sides of clean vehicles in direct sunlight - you will be amazed at the elimination of these imperfections by applying Auto-balm using this technique.
This image shows these marks on the left hand side, and them removed on the right.
This product is non-hazardous and can be shipped worldwide.
auto-balm 250ml is supplied with one app-pad and one large microfibre buffing cloth.
auto-balm 50ml is supplied with one app pad and no buffing cloth.
Items 1 to 10 of 13 total
- brilliant product Review by gerry
Hello, I'd just like to say what a brilliant product Auto Balm is.
I have used it four times on my 2004 Yamaha XJR 1300 and the results are
I use it on the whole bike ,chrome, alloy, and paintwork and to be honest I
wouldn't use anything else now. (Posted on 21/01/2014)
- good honest product Review by kev g
- i just wanted to say how impressed i am with auto balm,i washed my car today & noticed a few scratches on the roof panel,i had never used this product before so thought i would give it a try.so after using a cleanser on the panel i applied the auto balm & buffed.2 coats was all it needed to totally mask the scratches,it has left a beautiful deep finish. def my default product to use now. (Posted on 17/01/2014)
- I am speechless Review by Mohit
- I thought I had it all figured out in terms of waxes, sealants, super sealants, nano sealants and coatings. Then, I tried Auto Balm and I can't use any other LSP. I love all BH products but I find myself reaching out for Auto Balm more than anything else. It is a by difficult product to describe so let me just say that it protects better than any sealant I know, it looks better than any selant I know and it fills imperfections in paint and even protects stone chip sites and inhibits corrosion. I don't know any other LSP that can do all this and look so good at the same time. I want to buy the formula off BH and own it for the rest of my life. (Posted on 29/07/2013)
- Very good product Review by George Dimopoulos
Very good detailing product!
Auto Balm "transformed" a Yaris, which had no detailing or protection for six years time.
Easy to use if instructions are followed.
(Posted on 31/05/2013)
- impressive Review by Paul
- Last year I purchased your auto balm cleaning kit and eventually got round to using it this Christmas, I clay barred and auto balmed my 1961 jaguar MK2. The finish is very impressive, thanks. (Posted on 15/02/2013)
- Astonishing Review by Mick
I recently purchased your soft Auto-clay and Auto-balm and have used both today as instructed on my 2004 WR Blue Mica Subaru Impreza WRX. The clay was very easy and safe to use and I cannot believe how little of the Auto-balm is required to achieve a deep and very reflective high gloss shine. So easy to apply and buff too: The results are astonishing!
(Posted on 15/02/2013)
- Fantastic Review by Neil
Just wanted to offer some praise ! - Took delivery of Auto Balm & clay at the weekend. FANTASTIC ! I\'ve posted a reivew at http://tinyurl.com/bilthamber. Thanks again!
(Posted on 15/02/2013)
- Shiney Review by Graham
Ive just got round to using Auto-Balm I bought ages ago, basically:- Autobalm/Effort = Time Saved. I have a renault scenic and did about 3/4 of the car in less than an hour. Brilliant result too. Very shiny and even finish
(Posted on 15/02/2013)
- Kit Review by Paul
- i bought the special offer of autowash , cleaner , clay bar and autobalm , my car looks fantastic and i used the cleaner to clean all my pvc outside my house, very good products and i will recommend to everybody, thanks (Posted on 15/02/2013)
- DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN Review by mike
- I have just purchased your auto Balm and I have just used it for the first time in a bid to elimanate swirls on my shiny paintwork. I have never had such an immediate improvement I am realy impressed and I always have a highly waxed car but after AUTO BALM NO Swirls I Cant Thank you enough im amazed as they say IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN Best product ive bought in years (Posted on 15/02/2013)
Items 1 to 10 of 13 total
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)